Monday, November 1, 2010

The Big Motorhome Debate...Gas or Diesel

When deciding on whether to buy a gas or diesel motorhome, there are some questions you need to ask yourself. How long are my trips? How far will I be driving? Where and what kind of camp grounds do I like? What kind of budget do I have? If you are taking long trips and driving far I would recommend a diesel motorhome. They are heavier and have air suspension, which will handle wind better. Oh and one more thing they have lots of power. Depending on where you like to stay in your motorhome the length could be a issue. All in all gas motorhomes are shorter, and some RV parks especially state parks only take 35 ft and under. Diesel motorhomes are roughly $50 to $100,000 more expensive than a gas motorhome. You can buy used diesel for about the same money as a new gas motorhome. If you're taking short trips and like to take your motorhome with no restrictions there are a lot of nice gas coaches out there that won't break the bank. I hope this helped and if you have any questions contact me here. Happy RV'ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment